REVIEW: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain New York Scene

Hello Pretty Dolls
I know that Revlon launched this product a long time ago but I just have a chance to tried it out lately.
Actually, I've been wanting this sinceeee forever. It looks cute and everything, I want it so bad but I couldn't purchase it at that time.

Then, something miraculous happen. Revlon have a 50% discount at Matahari Dept. Store.
So it was only Rp. 45.000
I was just passing by the Revlon booth, but you know, that red bright and big and sprakly discount sign.
It's not sparkly but discount sign will always looks sparkly, right?
They have 6 colors I guess, at least there are 6 tester on their booth and honestly I want the orange one but when I swatch it, it was too neon for me.
Then, I immediately fall in love with New York Scene.

My friend was againts the color because I own too much dark colored lipstick. But hey!!, who the hell cares. lmao. There are no such a thing as too many lipsticks.

I want this so badly because i can't stop thinking of YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil
or Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain.
(of course I couldn't afford them)
I know matte lipstick is the trend up till now, 
but glossy, juicy lips will always looks cute.
Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain packaging and applicator looks legit like
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain.
I don't know if it's a dupe or not by their formula.
 Look at the YSL packaging and applicator down bellow


And here it's the Revlon applicator. The shape and how it slightly bended looks super similar.
But, I think Revlon packaging is longer? or smlimmer? 
I actually like this kind of applicator, 
It's easier to control and the pointy tip are reaching the corner of my lips and the cupid bow seamlessly 



The formula is thick, kinda sticky but not as stinky as I thought it would be.
It's pretty comfortable to be honest and give your lips all the moisture it needs. 
Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain will leave your lips super soft and have nice tinted looks.
Some lip tint will leave your lips dry and flaky, this one won't.
They are also pretty pigmented, but as long lasting as water based or gel liptint.
 

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain is pigmented, but kinda patchy.
I need to coat to achieve the looks on my lipswatch bellow.
If you did one coat it will be more sheer and soft.
I think it's alright because you can control how intense your lip color is.

 
Super glossy and juicy.I like it.
My lips is like a cherry on top of a cake. lol
And yes guys, it's appear darker on my lips due to my lip color.
Even tho it's super glossy but it doesn't feather.
Oh, I forgot to mention that this has a slight chemical + cherry or strawberry smells.
It doesn't linger on your lips so it's alright.
 
PRO
- pigmented
- moisturizing 
-good applicator
-affordable
-non feathering

CONS
- kinda patchy
- not longlasting

SCORE
 4/5
 
SEE YOU IN MY NEXT POST
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts